As you may have gathered if you’ve read my post about unknown unknowns, I’m pretty new to twitter and all that malarky and not exactly gifted at it. However, it isn’t all bad. I’ve made some pretty good discoveries since I started twitting. One of the bands I came across early on (i.e. about a month ago) are the fabulous Man With Glasses. They are based in Glasgow and hence qualify for my questionnaire. Their music is instrumental electronica, melodious and up lifting and I’m really chuffed that they agreed to answer my daft questions. Ian plays along with a fab mix of humour and sincerity.
1. What was the first music you ever paid for?
Rockin’ Over the Beat by Technotronic.
Still love this!
2. What was the most recent music that you paid for?
Trick by Jamie T.
3. What was the most recent book you read?
Seventy-Seven: My Road to Wimbledon Glory by the wonderful Andy Murray.
4. What is your favourite novel?
Of Mice and Men.
5. Who is your favourite poet?
I have not ventured into the world of poetry………
Maybe I will at some point but I prefer action more than words (maybe that is why my band Man With Glasses play only instrumental music).
6. What is your favourite work of art?
The Metamorphosis of Narcissus by Salvador Dalí.
7. What is your favourite museum?
My girlfriend’s shoe cupboard.
8. What would you spend your last tenner on?
Forty pounds (I know a guy that does fake 20 pound notes).
9. What talent would you most like to have?
I would love to be great at Karaoke.
10. What trait do you most deplore in yourself?
I am really impatient (I cannot believe I am only at question 10).
11. What trait do you most deplore in others?
12. On what occasions do you lie?
I am known to fake orgasms (aye right).
13. What’s your idea of perfect happiness?
A girl from Paisley named Michelle.
14. What’s your idea of the depths of misery?
When Michelle from question 14 dragged me to watch Wheatus at King Tuts.
15. What is your biggest fear?
16. What is your favourite journey?
Brighton from London
17. What is your most treasured possession?
A chain I wear around my neck given to me by Michelle of questions 13 and 14. It was engraved but spelt wrong which makes it more special.
18. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Roll and bacon (several).
19. Which living person do you most admire?
Mary Patricia Beattie (my mum).
20. What was the last gig you went to?
Augustines’ farewell tour at St Luke’s venue in Glasgow. They are a band I have followed from the start and sadly to the end.
21. If you had to be an animal, what would you choose to be?
Cat xxxxxxxxxxxx prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr xxxxxxxxxx
22. Do you believe in ghosts?
23. Is there anyone you would trust with your biggest secret?
24. Where would you most like to live?
Spain as I love both their work and relaxation ethic.
25. Where would you go if you needed to hide?
My father’s grave.
Man With Glasses is a project of Scottish musicians Ian Beattie and Craig Johnston.The singles ‘Biting a Wet Sponge’ and ‘Narwhal’ are OUT NOW worldwide on every major platform.